The first online course on autism starts on September 20, 2021, that’s why the students will have the opportunity to provide professional services and develop their careers with international certificates already in the fall.
The ‘Child with Future’ Foundation is the initiator of the project. It is a course of an American university, which takes place within the International Autism Academy. It consists of 4 modules and has 140 hours of lectures and a 3-month duration program. Besides lectures the program provides group discussions, practical work with a child by student’s choice and/or with the teacher’s case, evaluation and analysis of the practical results, plan and intervention strategies creation, goal setting, homework etc.
To meet Adelphi’s requirements for the quality of education, the enrollment of students for the first courses is limited to 20 places. The course will take place a) according to a constant schedule and rules; b) in Russian. The course is paid for, you can purchase it in full or modularly. Classes will be held live online on Zoom. Lecturers:
– Stephen Shore, Professor of Education for Persons with Developmental Disabilities, Adelphi University, USA. Autistic. Member of the Board of Autism Speaks and many other autism organizations. President of the Asperger/Autism Network. Author of a series of books on autism.
– Inna Olshanskaya, Doctor of Occupational Therapy (Baltimore County Public (OT) Schools, Early Intervention office), sensory integration therapist, member of the American Association of Occupational Therapists (AOTA) and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT), expert and author of ‘The Holistic Approach to Treating Children with special needs’.
– Inna Sergienko, Consul of Autism Europe, a consultant on an understanding of autistic behavior and communication, laureate of the International Natural Autistic People Award.
– Irina Sergienko, expert and coordinator of the European Autistic Network, a consultant on the inclusion implementation in the EU and Ukraine.
The founder of the ‘Child with Future’ Foundation Inna Sergienko says:
– I wanted our specialists to have access to high-quality and prestigious education on autism, but very often the acquisition of high-quality knowledge is hampered by the language barrier. Recently, when I was completing Stephen Shore’s course, even with my high English level, it was very difficult to study. Therefore, we proposed to Adelphi University to create an International Autism Academy and make such education accessible to citizens of all countries where the Russian language is practiced. We start on September 20, and this is just the beginning. We have huge plans, and we are glad that our American partners fully share them.
Registration has started. Click to get full information about the course: