The practical online course on autism is being launched in Ukraine! This is an Adelphi University program with the support of the ‘Child with Future’ Foundation within the International Autism Academy project. The course is created for everyone, regardless of basic education.
You will join lectures, group discussions, answers to online questions, practical work on a specific child by a participant choice or using a teacher’s case, evaluating and analyzing the results, creating an intervention plan, setting goals, defining an intervention strategy, and many other educational cases.
“The best knowledge is not always available due to the language barrier. Last year I studied the course with Stephen Shore and it was difficult to even with my high English level. Therefore, we proposed to Adelphi University (New York) to create an International Autism Academy. They were delighted with our idea to create the course available to the post-Soviet countries and invite specialists from different countries. We start with a series of advanced training courses in Russian followed by an international certificate. This is just the beginning. We have many plans and we hope that later it will be possible to get an American diploma,” says the founder of the ‘Child with Future’ Foundation Inna Sergienko.
Classes will be held online via Zoom.
- Stephen Shore. Professor of Education for Persons with Developmental Disabilities, Adelphi University, USA. Autistic person. Member of the ‘Autism Speaks’ Board and many other organizations related to autism. President of the Asperger / Autism Network. Author of books on autism.
- Inna Olshanskaya. Doctor of Occupational Therapy (Baltimore County Public (OT) Schools, Early Intervention office), sensory integration therapist, member of the American Association of Occupational Therapists (AOTA) and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT), expert and ‘A Holistic Approach to the Treatment of Children with Special Needs’ book author.
- Inna Sergienko. The ‘Autism Europe’ Consul in Ukraine, the understanding of autistic behavior and communication consultant. Laureate of the International Natural Autistic People Award. Mom of an autistic boy.
- Irina Sergienko. Expert and one of the European Autistic Network coordinators. Consultant on the implementation of practical inclusion in the EU and Ukraine.
The course program includes 4 modules:
– diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders;
– occupational therapy;
– Students with severe to moderate autism;
– Students with Asperger’s Syndrome, High Functioning Autism and Comorbid Disorders.
Anyone interested may purchase the entire course, or each module separately. All students after completing the Course’s practical part receive certificates.
The first module starts on September 20 and lasts until December 9 (140 teaching hours). Classes start at 17:00 Kyiv time, on weekdays.
Register, there are only 20 seats!
For a detailed program, click here https://adelphi.cwf.com.ua/?fbclid=IwAR2qA8WF1UhY6hptLunu6ZDDC8CFf_0yOBDVneC_huDMhx-4-lhKA6q8rEw